- discover relationships between the length of a robotic arm and the level of difficulty to grab objects
- investigate importance of hinges in arm function
- collaborate in designing an arm
- test various materials for grippers end effectors
- compare and modify designs based on how well they meet performance criteria and constraints
- Robotic Arm:
- 96 popsicle sticks
- 24 erasers or sponge pieces
- 12 sets of chopsticks
- 12 pairs of tweezers
- 12 storage bins
- 12 ping-pong balls
- cotter pins
- hole punch or awl (leather punch)
- End effector:
- styrofoam or paper cups (2 per end effector)
- 12-cm pieces of string (3 per end effector)
- cellophane tape
- plastic picnic knives (serrated)
- straw or lollipop (1 per end effector)
Your MissionIn a reduced gravity environment, muscles and bones...
Your MissionTo help out in space, scientists have designed...
Your MissionIf astronauts are going to settle on the...
Your MissionWhen working with objects in space, astronauts must...
Your MissionLet’s HIIT the space gym and get ready...
Your MissionIn a reduced gravity environment, astronauts are unable...
Your Mission Playing sports requires teamwork and preparation. Teammates...
Your MissionIn preparation for space travel, astronauts invest many...