- Investigate the importance of staying hydrated, proper hydration methods, and learn to identify signs of dehydration
- Understand the role hydration plays in keeping the body healthy
- Identify hydration levels by creating simulated urine
- Per class:
- Computer with Internet access for teacher use
- Library access
- One LCD projector or overhead projector
- One water bottle picture
- 2-3 bandanas
- Urine color chart
- Per group (3-4 students per group):
- One poster board or chart paper
- One set of Markers
- Two computers with internet access
- One Hydration/Dehydration chart or poster
- Four clear plastic cups
- One disposable 8 inch plate
- Two toothpicks
- One small bottle of Yellow, Red and Green food coloring
- One Urine hydration color chart
- One set of Hydration cards
- Per student:
- Hydration Student Section
- Hydrate the Astronaut
- Urine hydration color chart
Explorers need strong bones so they can face the...
Venus is the most volcanic planet in our solar...
Time for a brain (and body) twisting game! Using...
To help out in space, scientists have designed and...
On Earth, we use a variety of cues to...
During a spacewalks, astronauts need some serious dexterity and...
How tall are you? Are you sure you know...
In microgravity, astronauts love to perform spectacular somersaults. Here...